Four Thieves Vinegar
The story goes something like this – back in the day there were four merchant thieves (one was a herbalist). They would rob people that died of the plague but would never get sick themselves. When they were finally caught the judge said he’d go easy on them if they told him how they didn’t get sick and four thieves was born.
- 2 TBS dried Wormwood
- 2 TBS dried Rosemary
- 2 TBS dried Sage
- 2 TBS dried Lavender
- 2 TBS dried Peppermint
- 4-8 minced garlic cloves, cloves or cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 1 quart (32 oz) apple cider vinegar
Place the herbs and if you’re using any of the optional items in a glass jar then pour the apple cider vinegar over it. Tighten the lid and store in a cool and dark place for 6-8 weeks – shake it daily. Once done strain and store in smaller jars (don’t forget to label them). You can store in a cool and dark place or even the refrigerator.
*If you are using a metal lid you may want to place a plastic bag over the top before screwing the lid on because the vinegar may corrode the metal.
What can I do with Four Thieves Vinegar?
- To use as a disinfectant mix Four Thieves Vinegar in an equal part of water and put in a spray bottle.
- Great as a soak for nail fungus.
- Said to be good for dandruff – dilute and place on scalp.
- Heavy duty bug repellant – mix 1/4 cup vinegar with 6 oz water in a spray bottle. Spray on clothes and skin (if using on your face first put it in your hand and pat on).
Quality organic herbs can be found here: