DIY Mouthwash Recipe
I stopped using commercial mouthwash a long time ago when I switched to buying an all natural kind. We ran out so I decided to whip some up and everybody loves it. My son wears braces, if you have a child that wears them then you know they can get a little sloppy at times with keeping them clean. The first time he started to neglect his teeth I noticed his gums swelling up – the oils I chose for this recipe cleared that right up.
- 1.5 cups of filtered or distilled water (I use distilled)
- 1 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt (Over 84 minerals)
- 2 drops Clove Bud Essential Oil
- 3 drops Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Mix everything together and store in a sealed container. Shake before each use.
Some other great essential oils for mouthwash are:
*As with all mouthwashes – swish and spit it out don’t swallow – ewww!