Ancient Aztec Princess Facial Scrub
I love researching and finding ancient recipes for the skin. Most are very simple and easy to create and best of all they are great for the skin! Freda’s Potions came about because of these recipes (low cost and as natural as they can be) and I hope you enjoy and do try the recipe for this amazing facial scrub. All you will need for this facial scrub is sunflower seeds (about 1/2 a cup) and water.
- Put sunflower seeds in the food processor and process until you have a powder (think consistency of sugar)
- You’ll want to place these in an air tight container with a tight fitting lid or a ziplock baggy. A 1/2 a cup of this will last you a while (if just using on the face) so you want it to stay fresh.
- When ready to use mix about 1 tablespoon of your powder with a few teaspoons of water. You want the consistency of a smooth paste.
- Gently massage the sunflower paste all over your face and neck (circular motion). I like to let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse with warm water followed by cold water to make sure your pores are closed.
- You can also use this as a whole body scrub.
Sunflowers are packed with minerals (copper, magnesium, selenium) and vitamins (lots of E and B’s). They are great for your skin (by eating and applying topically) and I do believe the Aztecs found a winner 🙂
Below are a few variations that I’ve tried with sunflowers and have found to work great:
- Process the seeds a little coarser and mix with honey. Rub into your feet and legs then drape a damp hot towel over them. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
- Mix your sunflower seeds with yogurt (plain yogurt with live cultures – I love greek yogurt) instead of water. Gently rub (circular motion) on skin then rinse off as above.
- For oily skin replace water with fresh lemon juice.
Sunflower seeds are amazing for your skin and are very inexpensive. A great way to pamper yourself.